3.20.2009

In the red

There's this little cupcake place that comes out of Beverly Hills called Sprinkles. My little sister, Christi, first introduced it to me, and since then, we haven't been able to stop talking about their Red Velvet cupcakes:  


Pretty much the best cupcakes I've ever had. And I'm not a cake lover, either. My roommate Linda bought the mix for me for Christmas from Williams-Sonoma, and I finally made them just recently. You can purchase it online or in-store for around $14. I know, fourteen-dollar cupcakes, right? Believe me, they're worth it. Or you can travel to Beverly Hills, Newport Beach, Dallas, Scottsdale, or Palo Alto to get them individually (but they're still not cheap!). Oh, and you may want to be forewarned: You will be seeing red in the kitchen for several days. Just make them and you'll see what I mean!


Happy Spring!

7 comments:

matt said...

or buy funfetti for 89 cents a box!

Yangster said...

They were so DELISH!! It was worth all the mess it caused. They were unlike any other cupcake I've ever had.

Christi said...

I actually thought they didn't make a mess! They were yummy though!!

smiles :) said...

Is your beater on fire?!! crazy ;)

so these cupcakes are good, eh? hmm, will have to bring you some from Kate;s Frosting to compare (although I think hers are just ok), they're cute with a chocolate-covered cherry on top :)

Kim said...

Yeah, unfortunately all I have is a cheap hand mixer and a shallow-ish bowl, so therein lies the problem. I guess if you have the right equipment you'll be just fine.

Kim said...

Oh, yeah. I almost forgot about that... Those cupcakes are so intense they set my beaters on fire! Bet you've never seen that before!

Brittany said...

Those sound delicious! Ili just made red velvet cake and we loved it, so I'm very curious to try other recipes/mixes for red velvet, I'll have to check this one out.